Monday, May 27, 2013

Account Reset: The Post-Mortem

Man, that took some balls!

Warframe has offered the very useful ability to reset your account, letting you reset to what you started with before doing the tutorial or spending any Platinum.  It's a fantastic option to give players in Beta, and you can read more about it right here.

But I'm looking to briefly touch upon the aftermath of resetting, and why not everyone should do it.  This won't be a long discussion, since it's a fairly simple issue.

Why?

Simply put, to make better choices.  Platinum spending, what to level, how to go about spending your time, and the simple fact that it can be fun to start from scratch.  Getting only your MK1-Braton and Lato helps a lot to make you a better player, as you need to be able to rely on your gunplay over the abilities of your Warframe.

Why Not?

Time.  Investment.  Progression.  Not everyone has the time or desire to re-grind the progress they made before, and many people would feel like a detriment or burden to those they play with while re-leveling and re-acquiring the tools they used previously.

Worth It?

Were it not for the release of Update 8: The Clan Dojo, I would have reset a lot sooner.  But I wanted to invest my resources before I did so, since I had amassed a great deal in a short time of playing.  Looking back on this I can identify that I would have possibly spent a bit of cash to get more Platinum to buy more Weapon and Warframe slots, but I have no regrets having reset.  Even with the new Orokin-sphere missions and large amount of grinding I have ahead of me, I look at it as a challenge to overcome.  Much the same as Forma and the Prestige-like system of re-leveling items will be.

Oh god I'm excited just thinking about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment